Nike Air Max 97
NEXT STOP: LEGENDARY STATUS.
Push your style full speed ahead in the Nike Air Max 97, featuring the OG’s ripple design that was inspired by Japanese bullet trains. Taking the revolutionary full-length Nike Air unit that shook up the running world and adding fresh details, it lets you ride in first-class comfort.
- Synthetic upper keeps the fluid look of the OG while adding comfort and durability. Mesh underlays help keep it airy.
- Originally designed for performance running, the full-length Max Air unit adds soft, lasting comfort.
- Foam midsole feels springy.
- Rubber outsole adds traction and durability.
- Hidden lacing system was a first of its kind and delivers a streamlined look.
- Foam sockliner
- Pull tab
- Not intended for use as Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Nike Air Max Origins
Revolutionary Air technology first made its way into Nike footwear in 1978. In 1987, the Air Max 1 debuted with visible Air technology in its heel, allowing fans more than just the feel of Air cushioning—suddenly they could see it. Since then, next-generation Air Max shoes have become a hit with athletes and collectors by offering striking color combinations and reliable, lightweight cushioning.